Remote Desktop has been working fine. All of a sudden, you get “password failed error – problem connecting”.
Check the upgrade log at /var/log/apt/history.log, I could see that xrdp was upgraded:
Upgrade: …. xrdp:amd64 (0.6.1-2, 0.6.1-2ubuntu0.1)
I do 3 things:
- I prevent the upgrade of xrdp, until they have a good fix.
- I downgrade the xrdp back to version 0.6.1-2.
- I restart the xrdp service
- If you try to connect back to an existing session (e.g. port 5910), you will still get the same error. You need first connect to a new session (e.g. port –1), then you log out. Now you can connect to the previous existing session (e.g. port 5910) without the password failed error.
- Other people suggested adding “param8” and “param9” to sesman.ini. That did not work for me.