I assume you have already generated a private key (e.g. xxxx.com.private.key) and a CSR and submitted the CSR file to Godaddy. Now you just want to download and install the SSL certificate.
- There are many web server to choose. Just pick Apache.
- Down the 2 files to a local folder (e.g. /etc/nginx/ssl)
- Your SSL Certificate with a random name (Ex. c87b9chf834hts.crt)
- The GoDaddy intermediate certificate bundle (gd_bundle-g2-g1.crt)
- Create a single chained certificate file by concatenating both 2 files:
Open your Nginx configuration file: (e.g. sudo subl /etc/nginx/sites-available/default)
Verify and test the modified configuration file:
You can test the connection with a browser or openssl for more verbose testing:
- Make sure your cloud provider (AWS or Azure) allows inbound traffic through 443. Otherwise, you get a connection timeout.
- By default, ufw is disabled. Leave it disabled until you need it. You can check the status by doing “sudo ufw status verbose” It should say “inactive”