- “Reading just one negative email could lead you to report having a bad day hours later”
- “Even if you have one good and one bad [email], the bad always seem more powerful,”
- “The same goes with reading stressful or negative news”
- Minimize the time spent on reading news.
- Focus on the uplifting stories. Skip the bad ones by reading headlines only and not reading the details.
- Take two minutes to draft a positive email to someone in your social support network. For example, thank a friend/family member or praise a colleague on their recent work.