If you want to do a clean install of Windows 10 Professional edition on your Yoga 910, you need to be aware of a few things. In my case, I am using an iso image from MSDN.
- I use Rufus to create a bootable USB flash drive with the Windows 10 Professional iso image.
- I used MBR partition schem for UEFI
- I picked File system FAT32
- After the USB drive is ready, I created a txt file ei.cfg to USB drive “sources” folder. ei.cfg has the following content. This file allows to me to install Professional edition instead of the default choice of Home edition.
- I downloaded the storage driver. I need the driver to see the ssd drive. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26361/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-RAID-Driver
- Download the xxxxx-x64.zip. Once unzipped, you should see the following files:
Special thanks to Brad’s hacks guide for the tips. For me, the Media Creation Tool did not work. So I used Rufus with my own iso image.
If you create a recovery drive (e.g. USB), you should also put the storage drivers onto it. You won’t see the drive until you do a work around. You need to choose the option restore from a system image, which will allow you to load a driver. Pick iaStoreAC.inf. Then cancel, now you can recover using the recovery drive. In my case, it wiped everything. It did not have the installed windows update nor installed Office 2016.