For my client, the need to copy a Android Project comes from the fact that the client wants to be able to install both a dev version and a production version of the mobile app on the same phone.
Old School Way
- Make a copy of the whole android project folder using file manager.
- Rename the folder.
- Open Android Studio, import an existing project, and select the renamed folder.
- Clean Project
- Right click on the java module and refactor –> rename. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6o9RvWw4wk
- Rebuild Project
- Do a Find in Path and try to replace the package name and application id with the new one.
- Use flavors and build Types to either specify different applicationId or applicationIdSuffix in the app/build.gradle.