- You are installing WordPress via IIS Web Platform Installer
- On the PREREQUISITES section, it shows that MySQL is not installed, you specify a password.
- After WPI downloads and installs, it shows the error message “password for user account ‘root’ is not valid” on INSTALL section.
- You try different stronger passwords and it yields the same error.
- When you look at the log, you see the error: “The security settings cannot be applied.”
- In my case, I go to Control Panel –> Program and Features
- Uninstall MySQL 5.1.
- Delete C:\Program Files\MySQL
- Delete C:\ProgramData\MySQL (WARNING: THIS WILL DELETE ALL YOUR MYSQL Database data files. Don’t do this unless you are sure).
- Reinstall WordPress Application via IIS Web Platform Installer.
- If everything is OK, you should see the following screen: