One can evaluate a sticky ideas using SUCCESs model principles:
- Simple –
- What is the core message? What is the lead of the story? What would be the 1 sentence description? Consider using proverbs or analogies.
- Use elements of surprise, knowledge gaps, and mystery to grab attentions, pick curiosity, and hold interests. The audience has to “want” to learn more.
- To be concrete, use sensory languages to describe a mental picture.
- Gain credibility from authorities or living proof.
- Statistics that can be compared to tangible daily things.
- Vivid Details
- “See for yourself”
- People care about people, not numbers.
- Identity appeals.
- Use stories to simulate a situation and share the solutions to problems.
- A success story can inspire people to want to follow. (e.g. Subway sandwich diet)