If you run client code in VS to test against a webapi in VS2013’s IIS Express, Fiddler does not see the traffic, because you are using “http://localhost:8080”.
The work around is to use “http://machinename:8080”. But that won’t work with IIS Express; you can the error 400 saying invalid hostname.
So the work around is to modify the applicationhost file.
- Find the IIS Express in your system tray.
- Right click on it and select ‘Show All Applications’
- Select your site name. Don’t click on the URL.
- Click on the “Config:” link.
- Add a binding for your machine hostname:
- Restart VS 2013 (run as admin).
One can “add urlacl” to avoid the need to run VS2013 in admin.