If you forgot the password for MySQL Root, then you need following the online instruction.
- I saved the update password and flush command to “resetpw.txt”
- Launch command prompt as an administrator.
- “C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin\mysqld” –defaults-file=”C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\my.ini” –init-file=D:\\resetpw.txt –console
- I included –console so that I can see any error right away.
- After I reset the MySQL server, I verified by running a command prompt and typed “mysql –u root –p” and entered the password when prompted.