If you or the person you’re in a Hangout with doesn’t have a Google+ account, you can start or join a limited video call, which is a one-on-one video call. You will note that your URL has “lite” in it.
But, if you upgrade to a full Google+ account you get access to all Hangouts’ features including the ability to:
- Start a video call with up to 9 people
- Share your screen
- Use apps in the video call
Upgrade to a free Google+ account at plus.google.com.
Google provides poor documentation on how to enable Google+ for existing Google Apps User.
I logged in as admin and I don’t see Google+ listed in Admin console –> Google Apps –> Add Services.
- I go to Admin console –> Users.
- Select an admin user.
- Select “x More Google services enabled”
- Select Google+
- Set to “ON for everyone”
- Each user must sign up (e.g. upgrade) at plus.google.com. Be sure to put in an age older than 17.